Barbara Loraine, Developer & Trainer
“Green by Friday” Program & Games
“Green by Friday Gourmet” Recipes for Eco-Friendly Living & Eating Every Day
PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Eco-Friendly Holidays – Dreaming of a Green Holiday, from Barbara Loraine
It’s easy for people to end wasteful traditions and begin greener ones when they know how. Barbara Loraine adapts green ideas for the holidays – all easy and fun to use.
San Diego, CA, November 8, 2011 – For many of us, being eco-friendly goes out the window at the holidays. With “Eight Green Holiday Tips, ” green advocate and personal development trainer Barbara Loraine shares how to make the switch to going green at the holidays easy and fun.
- Reuse old holiday cards to make new cards, place settings, or toppers for gifts.
- Use reusable plastic or glass containers for leftovers; skip the plastic bags.
- Get an imitation holiday tree that you will reuse for years to come.
- Invest in low-energy holiday lights, or consider skipping the lights.
- Use no-energy decorations like pillows, throws, stuffed animals, toys, and more; make a big holiday statement without using energy.
- Make holiday tables-capes and displays with items you already own.
- Post a sign by your recycling bin–San Diego Recycling Don’t have a bin? Get one.
- Recycle steel cans and plastic packaging from holiday festivities and food prep.
- Got old scarves, jackets, boots, shoes? Donate to local charity or sell to a thrift shop.
3 – REDUCE
- Instead of gift cards give cash! (Skip fees and plastic that ends up in land fill)
- Instead of giving “things, ” give memories, like tickets to events and performances
- Give your time & skill: massage, manicure, handyman, computer help, cooking, etc.
Be Thankful by Setting Green Goals, like “Meatless Mondays” and “Drive Slower Tuesdays.”
For over 30 years, Loraine has been helping people take action, as a corporate and personal development trainer, coach, and promoter. Now, as a green living advocate, Loraine is helping people develop sure-fire, eco-friendly habits. Loraine is available for FREE “Green by Friday” programs at school events and non-profit meetings – on-site in San Diego or as webinars anywhere in the country.
If you’d like more information, or to schedule an interview with Barbara Loraine text or call 1-858-231-3140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org